Saturday, October 19, 2013

Family Update

At the beginning of the month, my parents and grandma flew up for a visit. My dad made some roux to save for the winter (I have tried a few times and failed tremendously). Eric and I were able to go on a date while babysitters were here!

Let's see, Gracie is now NINE! Wow, that's old!


She wanted a red velvet cake so we put one together the morning of her birthday. She was excited to receive some gifts in the mail and flowers from Nan!


The Saints vs The Bears. Eric had the bright idea of wearing Saints jerseys/shirts to church that Sunday. On a football Sunday, many will wear Bears jerseys to church so he anticipated October 6th. FYI, we won the game!



The weather is getting cooler. I've retired my flip-flops for now :( The kids have been wearing jackets and occasional beanies. I've seen friends from LA post pictures in shorts. I'm sure they'll rub it in soon.

Dane and Gracie have been practicing baseball and football a few times a week in the backyard. Lucas learned that he shouldn't be in the pathway of a baseball….



Ouch! (it was a plastic ball, calm down!)

The last few weeks have been pretty calm. I was just thinking to myself that nobody has been sick. Can you guess what happened? Lo and behold, that night Hannah started running fever! It was a low fever and I noticed a blister on her lip and then more in her mouth and more the following day. I've diagnosed it to be HFMD. Nobody else has caught it. She quickly learned that she can torment Gracie and Dane by sitting by them; they'll scream and run away. She can easily get Gracie out of her room and play with her barbies by just going in. Gracie doesn't want to be anywhere near as HFMD (if that's even what it is) is very contagious!

School… Sara Kate is a drop-out. She got to where she would throw her paper on the floor and tell me she didn't like school. It was distracting for Hannah. I found it best to go over lessons with Hannah while Sara Kate naps. Lucas has the most homework of all but has improved so much! He is reading words and short books, adding, comparing numbers and more. Gracie and Dane are taking keyboarding classes and doing well in school. They all love their teachers! We have been very blessed to have such wonderful teachers so far (I have no complaints about any teacher so far)

Eric just started a turn around so we will see him less for a few weeks. We still see him in the morning and for a couple of hours before work because we live so close to the plant.

Overall, we are doing well and enjoying our extended vacation! We love hearing from our LA friends; thanks for the texts and e-mails!

God bless!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all are having a great time and adjusting well! Have fun but don't get too comfortable there. We all want y'all home ! Love and miss you all! Sandy

    ReplyDelete