Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Fall, Y'all!!

Fall is very different in Chicagoland! I have never seen such vibrant colors. I thought I'd share a few pictures:
This is when the leaves first started changing, probably a month ago.


I've taken several pictures on this street. Unfortunately, I'm just now thinking that it would have been better to be in the same spot each time. Oh well! 









Notice all of the picture-perfect yards. These people are OCD! (just joking)



Yes, I did take these from the driver's seat. 

The weather is still beautiful. There were a few cool mornings but we haven't pulled out our coats yet. I'm looking forward to the first few snows but that's it. I'm not a fan of winter (I've only experienced SWLA winters) so this will be a change! 

After I picked Lucas up from school yesterday, I brought the three younger ones to The Morton Arboretum. I didn't know what to expect but the kids had a blast! We enjoyed a picnic lunch with friends and let the kids play.


Hannah couldn't get close enough to the princess scarecrows. 














This was a shallow pond for kids to walk across on the rocks ….. Cooper and Judah had other plans!


I am just soaking up these beautiful fall days before my hibernation starts. I did buy some closed toe shoes and a scarf or two (or three, okay…five). 


6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! You're going to need more than a few scarves to keep warm!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can wear them all at once! I'll eventually buy a coat… I'm waiting on good Kohl's coupons!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful!!!! The kids are so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! I love the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete