Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Squeaky Clean!

What kind of blog-writing-stay-at-home-mom would I be if I didn't post my favorite homemade cleaners?!?

A good friend read on the internet that stay-at-home moms are cancer prone because of the chemicals that they breathe in on a daily basis…… SO….. as faithful pinners and pinterest scrollers, she and I have made a few different homemade cleaners.

Vinegar. Do you know what vinegar can do? This site has tons of ideas. I haven't tried them all yet!

I do have a spray bottle with 2 parts vinegar, 1 part water. I was using it to clean almost everything but my husband complained about the pickle smell. I thought the price was well worth the smell, even after I tried masking it with Scentsy warmers. We compromised a little...

 Here are my favorite:


BATHTUB CLEANER:

  • 1 part dawn
  • 1 part vinegar
This is a famous pin and so worth making. I bought a sponge/soap holder thing for convenience. Mix the dawn and vinegar in the holder. Scrub tub, rinse. For deep cleaning, sprinkle baking soda around the tub first. 


KITCHEN CLEANER                                    
  • spray bottle                                                   
  • water
  • vinegar
  • tree tea oil
  • dawn

BATHROOM CLEANER
  • spray bottle
  • water
  • vinegar
  • borax
  • tea tree oil
For both kitchen and bathroom cleaners, I put 1 part water and 1 part vinegar (to fill bottle 3/4 full). Several drops of the oil was added to each and 1 tablespoon of dawn or borax. 

Tea tree oil is anti-fungal and vinegar is anti-bacterial or maybe it's vice versa. The oil leaves a nice, fresh scent. ***KEEP IT OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN! IT CAN BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED***


If you have a Cameo, I can send you the file for the labels. I'm sure there's some way to post on here but I can't figure it out!


LAUNDRY SOAP

The link is here


I have tried to make dishwasher soap but the recipes that I tried didn't leave my dishes as clean as I like. I'm open to your suggestions!










No comments:

Post a Comment